Autism Support Famagusta was formed by Parents and Friends of People with Autism Spectrum Conditions..in the Famagusta area.
To provide high quality facilities which are based on ethical and inspiring opportunities for children and young people with Autism.
To expand our existing, Pilot Summer Activity Scheme (established for one month in Aug 2015) - which provides a structured environment and activities during the long school break, run by staff who are trained in Autism approaches.
Develop a small residential 'home In society " for young people of 21 years old to support the transition from Child to Adult - and from Family Home to greater independence. With this scheme we aim to include a respite care facility.
To provide a 24 hour service which provides Day Activities according to individual interests and skills.
To include Families and Individuals in development of Person Centered plans and Approaches.
What We've Achieved
- Ran a summer school for the past 3 years in support of parents who still have to work during August.
- Provided trained staff to care for children with autism in support of parents in of help.
- Delivered an outreach service supporting children either when parents want a break or other specific needs.
- Supporting siblings after parents have died where siblings have not been in a position geographically or finically to take on this support role.
- Organised a number of teaching training seminars.